Government Grants You May Qualify For

Government programs and grants help you pay for the cost of living, housing, medical insurance, and more. These free grants do not generally need to be repaid, so long as grants are used for its intended purpose. 

While each government assistance program has its own eligibility requirements, you’re more likely to qualify if you’re experiencing hardship or at an economic disadvantage. What’s more, you’re not limited to how many government hardship grants that you can apply for. Here’s a closer look at the biggest grants that you may qualify for.

Cost of Living Government Assistance Programs
1 of 4 Next

It can be tough to consistently pay all of your living expenses when you’re on a limited income. Fortunately, free grant money and federal programs can alleviate some of the financial burden you may be experiencing.

There are several government programs that can help you and your family afford nutritious meals, including:

The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP): Also known as food stamps, SNAP provides monthly food benefits to low-income families and households. This federal government grant program calculates monthly benefits based on your household’s size and income.

The Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Program: The WIC program is similar to SNAP as it provides food benefits to low-income families. However, government grants for individuals through WIC are only available to pregnant, postpartum, and breastfeeding women and young children who meet more specific qualifications.

The Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP): CSFP provides nutritious foods to low-income senior citizens ages 60 and older.

Free School Meals for Children: Through state and government assistance programs, school-aged children who are part of low-income households can receive free meals at school.

Another common, but expensive living expense is childcare. Fortunately, the Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) provides low-income families government grants towards the cost of childcare. In addition to income-based requirements, you must meet the following qualifications:

  • You are a parent or the primary caretaker of a child
  • Your child is younger than 13 or younger than 19, but is unable to care for his or herself
  • You are enrolled in an educational program or you are employed
  • You have a financial need for childcare assistance

Finally, low-income families can receive temporary relief through the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program. This government assistance program provides families wish monthly cash assistance that can be used towards the cost of housing, food, and other qualifying expenses. Additionally, some state programs provide other benefits, such as job training programs.Depending on your situation, you may qualify for additional government grants.

Click on to the next slide to learn more.

1 of 4 Next

By Admin